Notícies :: criminalització i repressió
Resumen acciónes en solidaridad de los presos en Salonika- octubre/noviembre
13 nov 2003
Esto aqui es un resumen de los acciones en solidaridad de los 7 presos en cumbre del Union Europea 21.06. en Salonika durante meses octubre y novembre
SOLIDARITY ACTIONS FOR THESSALONIKI 7
12. ANARCHISTS OUTSIDE PRIME MINISTER'S HOUSE!
200 anarchists-antiauthoritarians made a demo with motorbikes and cars,
crossing the center of Athens. The first stop was Koridallos prison,
Carlos, Simon, "Kastro" and Tsitsas are held. The prison was guarded by
strong riot police forces. Comrades waving red and black flags shouted
solidarity slogans to be heard inside prison. Next stop was Nikaia
where Fernando is. People were shouting LIBERTA! in front of dozens oF
cutting the access to the hospital. The demo returned to the center of
Athens, followed by two riot-police vans and motorcycle-police force
the most bourgeois area of the center -Kolonaki- the cops' vans stuck
small streets and comrades managed to get outside prime minister's
residence! PM's security got panicked and started running around, while
anarchists closed the street in front, shouting really loud "FREE THE 7
DEATH TO THE BOSSES" "FREE ALL PRISONERS", "THE PASSION FOR FREEDOM IS
STRONGER THAN ALL PRISONS". All passers-by and neighbors were taken by
complete surprise as something like that had never happened before.
while the riot cops (those stuck in traffic) managed to come to the
foot) and started tear-gasing. But comrades were already leaving, so
practically cops tear-gased other cops!! Leaving the rich Kolonaki
anarchists stopped in front of the cafes, shouting the good-old
recipe-slogan " WE WILL EAT THE BOURGEOIS "BOILED" AND THE BUREAUCRATS
"ROASTED WITH POTATOES". The event got huge coverage on radio and
and the case of the Thessaloniki 7 and the hunger strike of the 5 was
11. Occupation of the rector's office in Panteios university, Athens
- Occupation of the Technological University in the city of Kavala
- Occupation in the University of Crete in Rethymno
- 80 anarchists-antiauthoritarians gathered outside Nikaia hospital
Fernando is, and shouted solidarity slogans in greek and spanish. The
hospital is guarded by riot police squads who tried to push away the
demonstrators the time they were leaving.
10. Occupation of radio stations "Antenna" and "Sport Fm" in Patras.
- London. A person infiltrated a reception by the greek Ambassador and
Hellenic Foundation for Culture and threw stink-bombs inside. Was
by the embassy's security when he attempted to interrupt the speech of
Cultural Attache of greek embassy.
- Thessaloniki. Attack with molotov against PASOK (socialist
9. 20 comrades gathered outside Papanikolaou hospital in Thessaloniki,
the 5 hunger strikers had been transferred. Demonstrators were
8. 1.000 people in the demonstration called by several anarchists
collectives in Athens.
- 150 anarchists-antiauthoritarians blocked the railroad tracks outside
Athens for 45 minutes, opened a banner and distributed flyers, delaying
departure of the intercity train from Athens to Thessaloniki.
- 80 persons demonstrator outside the house of the greek ambassador in
- public discussion organized by Sheffield indymedia.
- solidarity and benefit event in Cardiff, Wales.
- The Assembly of Libertarians in the Basque Country organized
actions and demo on november 8&9 in Bilbao. There will be symbolic
strike in the arena of the city nov. 14-16.
7. 1.500 people participated in solidarity demonstration in
- Occupation of a department of Aristotle university in Thessaloniki.
- solidarity rally by the assembly or anarchists in Kerkyra island.
- Comrades from Crete Solidarity Initiative occupied the city-hall of
- Occupation of the city-hall of Kavala by 30
- solidarity demo in Patras.
6. 40 anarchists-antiauthoritarians occupied the office of "Athens
- Public discussion in Macedonia university organized by solidarity
committee in Thessaloniki, with members of CNT Aranjuez and
Same discussion took place in Athens, nov. 8.
- In Athens, demo called by anti-authoritarian movement group and left
groups and parties (including the Social Forum). Majority of anarchists
didn't participate for the role of the Forum in thessaloniki
their cooperation with police forces, their condemning statements about
events of resistance by the black bloc and their total silence about
prisoners from June since now.
- Vasilis Tzortzatos, prisoner accused for participation in
Organization 17th of November", whose trial is taking place since last
March, started a 10-days symbolic hunger strike in solidarity with the
- Demonstration in Heraklio, Crete.
- Arson attacks against the banks "Emporiki", "Ergasias" and "Eurobank"
Athens. Action claimed by anarchist group as "a protest against the
FBI chief in Greece and for the imprisonment of 7 demonstrators for the
Thessaloniki EU summit". From the explosion of the gas-bombs windows of
banks broke and ATM's damaged. Similar explosions in Thessaloniki,
bank and a state car.
5. 40 comrades occupied the manager's office of Ag. Pavlos hosital in
Thessaloniki, where Carlos Martin Martinez, as an immediate response to
Carlos' tortures in the hospital by the cops.
4. Solidarity demo in Mitilini island.
- Solidarity demo in Rethymno, Crete.
3. solidarity week for the 7 prisoners of Thessaloniki EU summit, with
outside the city-hall, distribution of flyers and symbolic hunger
organized by anarchists in Norwich, Britain.
- In the dawn of november the 3d, there was sabotage in the entrances
(!) metro stations in Barcelona. Flyers left outside the metro were
THEY ARE NOT ALONE. THE DOORS OF THE METRO WERE SEALED IN SOLIDARITY
THE PRISONERS OF THESSALONIKI WHO WERE ARRESTED IN GREECE DURING THE
SUMMIT, JUNE OF 2003. IMMEDIATE LIBERATION". The police arrested two
persons, who were released after one day, after being charged for the
1. solidarity rally in Volos.
31. Antonia, Milen and Nerea, the three comrades of "Kastro", Simon and
Carlos started a symbolic hunger strike in Thessaloniki.
- Occupation in the Secretariat of the University of Communication and
- Solidarity rally in Patras.
- Arson attack against a state agency in Thessaloniki claimed by
for the Promotion of Incompliance" as an action of solidarity with
Thessaloniki 7 and the revolutionaries of "17th of November" and "ELA".
30. Solidarity and counter-information rally in Propylea, Athens, by
29. 40 comrades occupied "Rock Fm" radio station in Athens and
"solidarity-program" for an hour.
- Larisa. 40 people opened banners in solidarity with the 7 prisoners
against athens olympic games 2004 in an official fiesta for the
during the speech of the under-Secretary of Athletics.
- "Social solidarity" claimed responsibility for arson attack against
National Bank of Greece in Votanikos suberb of Athens, demanding
liberation of the Thessaloniki 7".
27. Demonstration outside the greek embassy in London.
- Arson attacks against the telephone company and a public transport
Thessaloniki as a response to the wave of repression in Greece, Spain,
Italy, claimed by "Committee for the Promotion of Incompliance".
25. Demonstrations outside the greek consulates in Barcelona and
24. Unknown persons blocked the padlocks on the entrances of three
stations and one judicial building in Burgos, Spain, as an action of
solidarity with Thessaloniki 7 prisoners and the comrades arrested in
Valencia and Barcelona.
20-24. solidarity week in Vienna, Austria.
- Anarchists from CNT Madrid continue symbolic hunger strike that began
october 5, outside the foreign ministry in Madrid.
21-22-23. solidarity concerts, discussions and film shows organized by
Amalias squat - Athens.
23. The legal demands of the seven Thessaloniki prisoners for temporary
release were rejected.
22. Comrades occupied "En Lefko" radio station in Athens.
21. Solidarity demo with motorbikes and cars in Thessaloniki.
- Film show and counter-information rally in Evagelismos squat -
- Anarchists in Athens gathered outside Economic University,
flyers and spray-painted buses passing from central Patision street
solidarity slogans. Same action took place in Law School, october 23.
- Explosion of gas-bomb damaged an office of Nea Dimokratia right-wing
political party in Thessaloniki.
17. Thessaloniki. occupation of an infromation center of the General
Secretariat for the New Generation (state organization).
15. Occupation of the Journalist's Union in Athens by
10. Solidarity concerts in Chania and Kavala.
9. - Heraklio-Crete. 40 comrades occupied the radio station "Radio
and read letters of the prisoners and solidarity messages.
- Thessaloniki. Anarchists from several collectives occupied the
Press Agency and cut off the electricity.
8. 50 anarchists occupied the state radio station 9.58fm in
6. Demo outside greek embassy in London.
5. Solidarity action, Thames bridge, London.
1. Several arson attacks in Athens claimed by "Association of workers
the social revolt - The post-midnight slalom' as an "action of
with the 7 prisoners of Thessaloniki and the militants of "17th of
and "ELA". The targets were: a) the residence of G.Voulgarakis, member
the parliament in the party of Nea Dimokratia (right-wing). b) office
N.Dimokratia in Moschato suburb. c) office of PASOK (socialist party
government) in Kato Patisia suburb. d) PASOK office in Anthoupoli
the house of university professor and institutional intellect
Earlier that night, unknown persons placed improvised gas-bomb outside
house of journalist Anna Panagiotarea.
Many solidarity actions took place since June in several countries. So,
list is not complete.
It was made to present only a spirit of solidarity that is spreading
that needs to get stronger now, that the 7 comrades are all in hunger
strike, the 5 of them facing already severe risk of their health.
they filed new legal demands to be temporarily released due to their
Today, November the 13th, "Kastro" is on hunger strike 54 days, Simon,
Fernando and Carlos for 40 days and Tsitsas 37 days. Fernando is in
public hospital in Athens and "Kastro", Simon and Carlos in Koridallos
prison hospital. Michalis and Dimitris, in Avlona juvenile prison,
symbolic hunger strike nov.10th.
WE WILL NOT LEAVE ANY COMRADE HOSTAGE OF THE STATE!
SOLIDARITY IS OUR WEAPON!
FREE THE THESSALONIKI SEVEN!